Mani = pearl, jewel Pūra = place, city
No man is free who is not a master of himself.
This is my favourite chakra!
It’s about your inner power, self-esteem, energy. It is our energy centre and it radiates vital life energy (prana) through-out our entire body.
The Manipūra Chakra is also called the “City of Jewels” in which we find the pearls of clarity, wisdom, self-confidence and wellbeing.
The position of the Manipūra Chakra is in the middle of the abdomen behind the navel; this is why it is also known as the Navel Centre. More precisely speaking, its area of influence radiates out about 7cm above and below the navel. Its counterpart in the body is the Solar Plexus.
The Third Chakra represents the development of your personality, self-esteem, and ego.
Organs associated with the Third Chakra include the area of your solar plexus: your abdomen, upper intestines, liver, gall bladder, stomach, kidney, pancreas, spleen, adrenal system, and middle spine.
Spiritual and emotional issues that can block energy in the Third Chakra are challenges with self-confidence, self-respect, competence and skills in the outer world, substance abuse, aggression, defensiveness, making decisions, and competitiveness.
- When this Chakra is in balance you will be in complete control over your emotions and thoughts.
- If your Third Chakra is over-active you may be judgemental or critical – and you will easily find fault in others.
- If this chakra is under-active it can cause severe emotional problems. You may have a lot of doubt and mistrust towards the people in your life, and worry too much about what other people might think about you.
Yoga Poses to Balance your Third Chakra:
If you like Crystals:
You can use these options in your “Crystal Therapy”, or have them in your wallet or have one of these rocks on your desk at work:
Malachite, Jasper, Tiger’s Eye, Citrine, Yellow Tourmaline, Golden Berly, Rhodochrosite.
Foods to balance your Third Chakra:
Bananas, granola, and grains such as bread, pasta, rice, flax, sunflower seeds. Dairy such as cheese and yogurt, and spices that include ginger.
Balance your chakra with us and share your experience on Instagram!
- Follow us on Instagram > @YogaHiveCanada
- Show us your favourite pose to balance the Third Chakra
- Tag us on your photos + use hashtag #SpinMyChakras to inspire yogis in your community
- Three lucky winners will get awesome prizes that will help you to balance your chakras! 🙂