Namaste, yogis, and welcome to April.
There’s something special about this month. You can feel the change of seasons coming. Depending on where in the country you are, the weather may or may not be spring-like, but you can certainly feel the change in the air. New beginnings; a fresh start. It’s all very exciting.
But sometimes, just sometimes, the thought of a new beginning, even as simple as a change in season, might seem a little daunting. Spring cleaning, changing your winter clothes for your spring/summer wardrobe, yada yada yada. But it doesn’t have to be. We’re here to tell you don’t have to be afraid of change. Here’s how you can tackle it.
- One small step. Small changes can also have a positive impact on your life and they don’t have to be big and scary. Think about adding a new position to your yoga routine. How about the camel pose, or even the puppy pose. Remember to breathe.
- Give it a day. You know, sometimes you just aren’t feelin’ it. And that’s ok. If today is the day you need to take a break, then take it. Not everyone is on 100% of the time. So it’s ok if you need to step back for a moment. Don’t be upset about that, embrace it. It’s part of life.
- Do something you know will be easy. There’s no greater feeling than setting a goal and actually accomplishing it. No matter how big or small, how easy or hard. So the best way to get into that mindset is to start with something you know you can complete. Whether it’s preparing your week’s meals on Sunday or taking a family walk on Wednesday night, start your month with an easy-to-achieve goal and that will set the tone for the rest of the month.
- A little praise goes a long way. Praise doesn’t have to come from someone else. It can come from you and be just as meaningful. So don’t forget to say “Hey me, you did a great job today.” Or maybe just leave yourself secret little notes around the house so you’re pleasantly surprised when you do find them. Regardless, it’s always nice to hear something nice.
- It’s ok to fall. The last little tiny piece of advice is really, remember that it’s ok to fall, to not succeed, or to stumble along the way. It happens to the best of us, sometimes more often than we’d like to admit, but it’s what makes life’s lessons worth learning. So get back out there and give it another go. Your team of silent supporters is behind you every step of the way.